Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bootylicious

Shoes. The bane of my ugly feet's existence. Ugly feet that cringe at the sight and feel of most thin widthed heels. 
Not to mention a naturally ungraceful pair of legs attached to those feet. 

But shoes are... A necessity nonetheless. Especially for a wannabe fashionista. 
So I try. Walking into random shoe stores to find something that's both comfortable yet stylish. 

My friends always ask me how I wear shoes that are uncomfortable.The answer is... I don't! They just look uncomfortable. Haha!

And the one type of shoes that I can always wear to an event and not scream for pain at the end of the night is...

Boots. 

 Boots with chunky heels. 


No heel.


Skinny heels that aren't more than 2 inches high.  

Anklets. Knee high. Thigh high. Try them all out to see what goes best with your figure/ wardrobe. 

Boots are SUPER comfy. 
The material wraps around our ankles, giving up better support and alignment for the entire foot and leg. 

I trip less when I wear boots, so that should say something.

But there are some nowayinhellyoushouldwear'em kinda boots, even though they're comfy. 


Shiny gogo boots. Unless its halloween and ur dressing up as Barbie.


Yeeha! boots. Not in Malaysia anyway. Only ahlians wear 'em. 


Chunky. Cos you're trying to be a fashionista. Not a hiking hoe. 


And... Ugg boots. 'Nuff said. Unless you're living in a country that needs that kinda layering. 

Boots nowadays are so cheap! I remember wanting to own a pair since I was 13, but the cheapest pair I saw that didn't make me cringe was more than RM400. And this was more than a decade ago. 

Now boots can be found in pasar malams for RM30. And nice boots they are, mind you! 

Will you be a bootaholic too? ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you enter, wish look forward for more interrelated articles without delay as its one of my pick subject-matter to read.

Jill said...

me love boots!

Jess said...

babe! the heel of my boots gave way!! T_______T totally can't be fixed edi. am now on the lookout for a new pair. sigh

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at youcallitmakeup.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Jack

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at youcallitmakeup.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this post right above if I provide a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
Peter