Sunday, April 11, 2010

RIP Cotton Bud

Yes its the new job. I swear.

Plus I got a bunny. And loved it to bits and pieces. Then he died on me and I was devastated for a day.


It felt like I lost my child. Or like a boyfriend dumping me.

So this is a post to remember my baby by.

Cotton Bud was different from other bunnies. He didn't really hop around.


He refused to eat dirty food or drink dirty water. Which meant I needed to go home everyday and clean his food and water.


Like other bunnies he would shit as he walked. But when I carry him he never did. He somehow knew how to hold in his pee and poo while I carried him.

He was scared of me at first. But quickly knew I was his mommy. By the third day, he would run to me everytime I let him out of the cage.


He loved home. No matter how many times I let him out of the cage, after exploring to his heart's content, he would go back to his cage by himself to eat and chill. 


He loved being cleaned. Everytime I clean his paws, he sits quietly and looks super contented and pampered.

Thinking about all his quirks makes me miss him so so much. How often do you find a bunny that's so much like you?


I, after all, love being clean, going for mani's and pedi's, am picky about my food AND drink (there are certain mineral waters I refuse to drink), and love chilling at home after a short exploration expedition (long term adventures are really not for me).

My darling Cotton Bud. You're in bunny heaven now. You won't ever feel pain there. Know that I loved you the best I could.

5 Comments:

BYZURA RAZALI said...

hi erin, i know how u feel. when my 2 baby bunny died, i feel soo sad n make small 'kubur' for them. btw baby bunny soo sensitive & fragile.

Sharon said...

hugs*

erin wong said...

Byura - At least you understand! I told so many ppl and no one seemed to understand how I could be so upset over a rabbit. =(

Cuz - *hug back*

jade said...

yeah i cried, my whole family mourned when my houdinia died. bunny wabbit, who was omnivorous..ate vege and meat too!

but curious why ur bunny died? did u find out?? could be infection?

-jade-

erin wong said...

Yeah, I guess so... He had diarrhea and just... died... ='(