"The entertainment industry in Malaysia will never make it. Simply because the people in this industry in Malaysia are ungrateful, and only think for themselves."
Such true words spoken by one of my company's big big bosses who shall not be named.
In my dealings with the 'celebs' of Malaysia, I've learnt a few things:
1. A Malaysian celeb thinks first only for him/ herself.
2. A Malaysian celeb will always treat non-celebs as second class citizens. Unless you have money. Then they'll suck your balls. Hard.
3. A Malaysian celeb can never be a real friend. If you're a non-celeb, you can only be a friend if you have something to give back.
4. Even if they claim to be friends with you, don't expect them to treat you with the same level of respect which they expect in return.
From this, I have learnt:
1. I shall never allow myself to be truly 'friends' with a Malaysian celeb.
2. The limit of my networking with them is at events, or any other locations where we bump into each other. No off-work drinks/ catch-ups should ever be entertained.
3. I will only use my connections with celebs who don't ask for it and were nice to me without knowing of my connections to begin with.
4. I will only respect the ones (actually this rule applies to ANYone), who show me the same respect I show them.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what everyone needs to learn about Malaysian celebs.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
The Truth About Malaysian Celebs
Posted by erin wong at 11:48 PM
Labels: celebrity watch, only muh opinion, volcanic e-rant-ions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 Comments:
i know how u feel babe! :) once bitten twice shy, and in your case, twice bitten.... thrice shy? haha.
dont let it happen again :) *hugs*
Wow! I have no idea what happened, but it must've been somethin bad fo this post to come up!! Dont worry about it babe.. Fake friends / users ALWAYS get caught out / show their true colours in the end.. *hugs*
Thanks girls. Something everybody needs to go through once in a while. :)
noted..not that i have any malaysian celebs to be friends with. haha
zhuge
maybe it's true 4 certain individuals, because i've also met those whom are really down 2 earth (:
I've discovered that meeting and being close friends with them is totally different. :)
couldn't agree more. btw, REAL celebs are so scarce in Malaysia, most of them are just some wannabe, recognized by only very limited people anyway :P
Post a Comment