Edited: Estee Lauder also played a part in NYFW!
---------------------------------------
The beauty industry is no unfamiliar face to glamour.
Maybelline New York, as the official makeup for New York Fashion Week (again), recently completed the bi-annual show for 2011's Spring/ Summer collections. I can't wait for the HD fashion show videos to be out on YouTube!
Designers they did the makeup for included BCBG Max Azria, Michael Angel, Alexander Berardi , Vivienne Tam , Z Spoke by Zac Posen , DKNY, Trias, Custo Barcelona, Carlos Miele, and L.A.M.B.
I've pretty much retired from being an MUA now (I only do it if there's good money involved). But what I would give to be involved in New York Fashion Week.
For you MUAs and makeup enthusiasts, here's a video update by MSN Today on the upcoming looks and trends based on NY Fashion Week's looks by Maybelline.
The concluding look? Strong eyebrows and funky coloured lips.
I super less than 3! Love! Heart!
I'm already planning a way to wear this look to work without getting fired or embarassingly screamed at to wash my face.
Estee Lauder was also involved in NYFW - sponsoring Derek Lam's Spring/ Summer 2011 collection.
Their Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux lead a team of 14 makeup artists who did their magic on 30 models.
Locally, Estee Lauder Malaysia recently sent their Model Search winners to Australia for their makeup shoot.
They went one step further and collaborated with 8TV to feature the models' adventure on a special screening this 23 September at 9:30pm.
Teaser vid provided by Estee Lauder.
Yes, their English isn't so good. But you have to applaud EL for making every effort possible to create positive publicity for their newfound models. It makes the competition one of the few in the Malaysian market actually worth trying out for.
I still stick to my previous comment about the boringness of model searches. The rest of the kecik miau companies should just stop doing it so the few giants like Estee Lauder's search can come up with even better contestants.
Start thinking quality, Malaysians.
Don't forget to tune in!
Note: Pics/ videos provided by the respective brands.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment