Wednesday, May 5, 2010

'i call it art' recommends...

I pride myself on my recommendations.

If I recommend something, I do my best to make sure I like it. Like, I *really* like it. 

Sure, I've changed my mind. But at that time I recommend it to you, you have to know I *really* liked it. 

Haha.
 

Anyhow, for no reason whatsoever (cos I seriously don't get paid by any of them)... 
I'm letting you know that the links I place on my side bar (look left!), are sites I really, really like. 

Friends and all? I follow them on my Google Reader (which you'll see if you click on "View Profile" (worth reading too!).  


But truly arty farty recommendations which flow with "i call it art"'s theme; I place them on the sidebar. 

So here's a piece of art from every site to let you know why I heart them so...  

Antoinette Fleur who draws portraits into squigly lines.



She recently did the artwork for Longchamp's scarf range (if I didn't translate her french wrongly).


Boubouteatime who does beautiful picture collages. 




The Digital Darkroom who takes high fashion pictures. 

His shots of Christian Louboutin's Autumn/ Winter 2010/ 2011 range. Click to see!

Doni Dexter, noob photog that takes gorgeous shots of anything and everything. His shots look anything but noob! 




Fashion Toast who's a model, fashion addict and professional camho-er.


Jordi Labanda, the brilliant Spanish illustrator. 




Rika Huang, who is also an awesome noobyetprofessional photog, and girlfriend to Doni D. She prefers model photography. 


And Ring Apartment, a webbie that sells inexpensive funky rings (and others) that always comes with a wistful, beautifully written poem or short story. (Tip: Click on the top right button.)



about you.
Monday, April 5, 2010

i couldnt stop thinking of reminding myself
that i would not be clingy to you. i would not be in that place where i am so dependent on you.
to be checking on you, to be wanting to always be by your side, to keep you on top
of the list just to make sure that i will not miss a date with you.

i would hate the day when i let go to see if i am the only one holding on.
because i dont want to feel weak, i dont want to be insecure,
when you come.

so dear love, while i am working on it.
please be ready for me.

i dont want to beg you to stay nor would i want to be
the one asking you, "when will you ask me to marry you?".
i don't want to play the ego game- to see who wins the cold war.
i don't want to act like i don't need you when i totally do.

i am working on me.
all i ask, is when you come.
please be ready to be real with me.

i (will) love you.


I hope you enjoy their creativity as much as I do. :)

4 Comments:

beetrice said...

LOL...as I recall, it was all your fault I fell hook, line and sinker for Jordi Labanda...heehee...been trying to resist picking up other items since! :D

erin wong said...

Ms BbbbBBBBBbbbbb!! How have u beennnn..??! I really miss meeting u at events. Sigh.

Rika M. Huang said...

thanks much for spreading the words, luv!

erin wong said...

No problem darl! =)