Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rimmel gloss with contrast colours

I've been reading all these blog paid ads on Rimmel London, and have been wondering if the lip glosses are really what they claim to be. Best of the mass?

Then I saw the lipglosses on sale at Watsons, so I bought the Vinyl Gloss to try it out.



Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in #111 Demure

Come apply wif me, come apply come apply wiffff meeee...

Ta da! "Demure" wips.

As you can see from da second pic, I have dis weird pimple growing outta da side of my mouth.

So next up, a liddle secret I discovered bout killing pimples.

(Yes kill. Or destroy. Or annihilate. I'm quite flexible, really.)

Anyhoo, coming back on track.
My two cents on Rimmel.

You get what you pay for lah.

Which is RM16.06 now, after discount. Ori price is RM18.90.


Obviously I prefer the counter brands lip glosses more. They provide better colour, better gloss. But like I said. You get what you pay for. A counter gloss on average costs more than RM60.

I think in terms of glossiness (which is what you're looking for when you buy gloss), its of cos better than SilkyGirl, In2It. Its along the same price range as Maybelline, which also has their water shine lipstick.

So up to you lor... which you prefer.


Shine: 3/5
Long-Lasting: 1/5
Colour: 2/5 (Look at the colour of the tube and tone it down by at least 2-3 shades)
Smell: 4/5 (Very sweet, but not sickening!)
Moisture: 4/5 (Doesn't dry lips)
Stickiness: 3/5 (But my hair is short, so what do I know?)
Price: 5/5 (Super duper cheap la wei.)

Only thing I absolutely love are the bold, fashionista Rimmel ads that don't give the impression of a mass brand.


Who loves Kate Moss and the Queen???

And please note my review is only for the lipgloss ah! The mascara, hands down, Maybelline beats all.

And I mean ALL.


Review on mascaras sometime in the far future.


Lastly, I'm leaving with a pic of the colour combo I wore to work today.


Who says you can't do contrast colours??

Trick for the noobs is to take the contrast colour in similar shades.
e.g. Sweet like candy pink with light fresh green.

Or bright blue with bright yellow.


I don't particularly like cardis, but drawing a yellow scarf with Paint is jz too challenging.

Or dark green with dark red.


It shud be a dark forest green, but Paint colour options are limited.
Don't think santa claus.
DON'T!


And stop snickering at my Paint pictures.
I ain't got time to research for those colour combos online.

Just remember! Fashion is only limited to those who are colour blind!

2 Comments:

alyshä said...

I AGREE!! u get what u pay for. Anything equivalent to Maybelline (as in, price-wise) or less gives me gloss for 10 mins then makes my lips more cracked up than the El-Atazar dam. Never happens with Dior or YSL!

oooh btw I'm lovin Origins Checks and Balances!! I pair it with the Perfect World toner + moisturizer in the morning, and the Never a Dull Moment facial polish at night. Have yet to break out since. Another fantastico recommendaion for combo skin, thanks!!! mmmuackss :D

erin wong said...

Yup, the gloss only lasted a short while! It doesn't crack on my lips though. But I think that is subjective, as I'm in humid Msia. =)

The face polish is great! But I found another, better scrub. I'll recommend that soon. I wanna go and try out that toner and moisturiser!