Saturday, March 28, 2009

Travel Prep Part 2 - Getting around and packing light makeup

Travelling across different countries in Europe requires seeevvveeerrrraaaaallllllll hhhoooooouuuurrrrrssssssss ooofffffff reeesssseeeeaaaaarrrrrcccchhhhh.

Geddit?


Ireland for example, has cheaper gas and terrible public transport.

(Read 'drive'.)
Thank goodness they recognise our driving license.


Italy on the other hand has fantastic public transportation, but sucky roads in certain locations, and extremely, italiansarefamousfor, 'passionate' driving. But when I was looking for farm stays, they all said we need to drive to the farmstays as their all in rural areas.


So I checked out Wikitravel about Palermo, and under getting around with "Car"...
And I quote: "Just don't do it."

I think Nike should start a campaign there.


Other than research woes, I'm now thinking about what I should be packing into my luggage.


I have not attempted to walk around without makeup, ever since I came back from working in vainpot Singapore. But the thought of putting on my usual full-face-of-makeup and cleaning it off at the end of the day is making me cringe.

So I thought I'll do the minimal.
Tinted sunblock, mascara and blusher!


But waiddaminute...


Mascara needs to be washed off with oil-based makeup remover. And that is an extra bottle (a huge one too) that I don't want to bring.


Ok, fine.
Tinted sunblock, eyeliner and blusher!



Hmmm...
But my teeny weeny double eyelid crease causes my eyeliner to smudge if I don't put on eyeshadow as a base. And this means minimum two colours. White for base, grey for crease, to prevent smudge line from showing.




Which completely defeats the purpose of putting on minimal makeup!

SIGH.

Ok, I know wad ur thinking by now.
Just don't put on makeup right?

Sigh.
Sigh.
SIGH.

If you haven't figured out I'm vain and insecure by now.
You're pretty slow.

I haven't figured it out yet, but once I do, don't be sket dat my luvtoshareboutmemeandme self will not share wif y'all.
Plus I give good tips larrr...
HOR.

Now lemme get back to researching on Sicily.

4 Comments:

krizZz said...

Mascara is a MUST THING!!! Just get a cleansing facial wipes. It removes my Lancome's waterproof mascara quite effectively and its easy to bring around. And you can always bring it around in ur purse cz the security custom will check whether you bring over 100ml before going on board. If so, you're make up remover will be confiscated like mine! urgghh

alyshä said...

VASELINE!! make-up remover, lip-balm, dry-spot reliever and bushy brow tamer all in one handy tub :)

erin wong said...

Ah Fu - Ohhhh yaaaa... I forgot about the ml limit thing! Thank goodness u reminded me. Now I gotta plan ways to pack my toners! Dang it.

And I just bought some makeup removing wipes. Hope those work. =D

JD - Of cos I bring Vaseline wif meeee. I kennot live without it! But I don't like to remove eyemakeup wif it. Gross feeling. Ugh... But I'll most likely do dat anyhow, at least to remove residue that the makeup wipes can't remove.

erin wong said...

And btw, the way I put on mascara is 10 times thicker than normal ppl's one. So I probably need double duty remover.