Half of my family are going to Europe this year.
One massive project just completed (read bout the wedding drama here) and another one just slots right in.
Why massive?
Cos we flatly refuse to follow tour groups and waste time and money going to places we don't want to see.
So my sister and I are doing everything from scratch. Googling and reading blogs and reviews. And I'll be heading over to the bookstore soon to check out some European travel guides.
We were ding-donging NON-STOP last night. Deciding where we wanna go, how we should get there, where we should be staying.
NIGHTMARE.
After an entire Sunday of doing research, and an entire Sunday night of heated discussion with my sister on Skype and my mom on the housephone, we finally decided on this itinerary:
25 June - Arrive London
26 June - Drive to Ireland
30 June - Head back to London
4 July - Sister's graduation ceremony in Reading
5 July - Fly to Paris
6 July - Fly to Rome
9 July - Fly to Sicily
15 July - Fly back to London
16 July - Head back to Malaysia
And wasting no time, we immediately booked the flights in between London, Paris, Rome and Sicily on the spot, as well as the accommodations in Paris and Rome!
PHEW!
Now I can rest for a day before going back tonight to do more research on stuff to do in Sicily.
The only thing I know for sure now is... I REALLY want to stay on some of the farms there!
(Its called Agriturismo.)
Damn cool wei. And reasonably priced too.
I can't wait!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Travel Prep Part 1 - Deciding where to go
Posted by erin wong at 1:51 PM
Labels: travel journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment