It was 10:30am.
The bride was waiting outside the hall, standing with the two bridesmaids.
The groom and the best men were waiting at the front of the hall, waiting anticipatingly.
The MCs were in position, waiting for the cue.
And the person to cue was nowhere to be seen.
10:32am.
I ran to The Bird.
"Is everything ready?? Remember to cue! We're starting at 10:35 ok!" I hissed, barely seeing him nod before running outside to check that the bride and her bridesmaids were still in place.
They were, but relief barely kicked in as my phone rang. The caterers were outside, and the bridal car was blocking the pathway where they were supposed to set up the buffet table.
I ran to the bride to find out who her driver is.
"Alfred. He's sitting next to a girl dressed all in black."
I ran through the entire hall looking for guys sitting next to girls dressed in black.
"Hi. Are you Alfred?"
*look at me suspiciously* "No..."
"Hey! Are you Alfred?"
"Huh? No."
"Sorry, are you Alfred?"
*annoyed* No.
It would amaze you at the number of people who wore black to a wedding.
The MC came to me and whispered,
"Erm... Are we starting soon?"
"Yes yes!" I hissed/whispered back.
"10:35. Bird will cue y'all."
Tried to run away to search for Alfred.
"Erm..." MC held me back.
"Its 10:36."
"And Bird's nowhere to be seen."
"What??? Okok, start!"
"Really? Start? Like, now?"
"Yes!! START!!"
I ran outside to find the bride again.
"We're starting! And I can't find Alfred!"
"Ask the MC to announce lah!"
"I can't do that! They started already!"
"Well, that's your only option. Hurry!"
I ran back into the hall and found everyone sitting quietly, raptly listening to the MCs.
I slid into the aisle and inched awkwardly between people's feet, whispering hushed apologies loud enough for them to hear, trying to get to the other side of the room to inch to the front where the MCs were.
"Oops sorry."
"Excuse me."
"Sorry!!"
"Oof."
My clumsiness won as I finally tripped over a guy's leather shoes at the end of the aisle.
I looked up to apologise and slow-mo reality kicked in as I realised that he was sitting next to a girl.
Dressed in black.
I stopped. Gasped out "Are you Alfred??"
"Erm... ya."
Breathed. "You parked the car in the driveway. The caterers can't set up the tables."
"Oh. Ok."
Doesn't move.
"Erm... You need to move the car. Now."
"Ok."
Still doesn't move.
"You. Need. To. Move. The car. NOW."
"Okok. Calm down."
Two hours later, during the lunch reception.
"Well I thought everything went well. Didn't it?"
"..."
"Sure..."
I can honestly say it was an interesting ordeal experience.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Wedding Coordination Drama
Posted by erin wong at 4:37 PM
Labels: events, ups n downs of life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
*chokes*
deadgirlwalking
Post a Comment