Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Different wavelengths

Sometimes I wonder why its so hard for you to get it.

So you think you're meant to stay.
Good for you.

You think your destiny is here.
Good for you.

You think that your dream/ vision is to be here, aligned with your destiny.
Great. I'm applauding so hard it hurts.

But how is it that it's supposed to be my destiny, just because our paths happen to cross now?

How is it that you think that I'm supposed to be here for the rest of my life, just because you are?

And how is it, that you think your opinion is the right one, because you think you're better/ more mature/ smarter than me?

Heck. I think I'm better than you too ya know. =)

Its ok.
I know you're just running with the crowd.
You're just following the majority in your opinion, adding on what you hope are your own pearls of wisdom on me, to appear you're with the 'in' crowd.
And I know we didn't really get a chance to develop a true friendship.
Cos true friends would come and talk to me first, without a prejudgmental mind.

Its ok.
Really.

Would it be too high n mighty for me to say I still love u and forgive u?

When I see you quietly turning away from me, because you don't know what to say.
I just smile and forgive you.
When I see you quickly walking away, because you don't wan to be associated with me.
I just walk ahead and forgive you.
When I see you whispering to others about me when you think I'm not around.
I just turn away and forgive you.

Its been an eye opening experience, these past few years.
And I know why I'm supposed to go through it now.

It has made me stronger. Weaker. Flexible. Hardened.

At the end of the day...
At least I know where I stand.

And I still love you.

0 Comments: