Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Perfect Friend

I've been following Sex and the City recently and I discovered that too much man talk gets B-:o-R-I-N-G.
(FYI, the :o is a yawn.)

The one thing that kept me hooked was the amazing (but also totally unbelievable) friendship the 4 girls had.

And after a talk yesterday with Louise, I realized something that had been lurking under the covers for ages.

Women aren't looking for the perfect man.

We're looking for the perfect FRIENDSHIP.

The justifications and explanation is just too long. But really.
Go back and think about it. Its The Truth!

If we all had the perfect BFF.
Its perfectly alright to have the imperfect BF.
*wink*

But of course, just like its impossible to find the perfect man.
Its also impossible to find the perfect friend.

And just like how we need to set our expectations right with men.
Set your expectation right with your friends too.

To find the right partner, you need to BE the right partner.
To find the right friend, you need to BE the right friend too.
=)

I may not have found perfect friends, but I consider myself super blessed to have friends like the ones I have now.

Dedicated to my best friends:
Christina, Louise, Zora, Chin, Christine.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a good fren.. i'm lucky to get to know you although only as a colleague and do keep spreading the love thru your blog here.. i'm feeling it..!! =)

p/s : thanx alot for all those tips on make-up & stuff..

-mas-

erin wong said...

Awww... Thanks very much mas... *hug*

Chin said...

babe, after reading this I AM SO TOUCHED being one of your best friend is my pleasure and im so fortunate to have you in my life to share my ups and downs. I still remember just recently crying over the phone with you. U did a PERFECT job where makes me laugh out of my crying session!! Lub you baby!!

erin wong said...

Me lub u too. ^^