Monday, June 1, 2009

Taking that timid step

So I've decided.
Well.
80% decided.

To go to Florence this coming September to study this.

Milan, London and New York are also options.
But New York triple the price compared to others.

Milan is basically a bustling hot humid business centre.
And I just don't like the idea of London.

Florence.
Is just perfect.

Small, quaint town. Luscious views. Historical and cultural.



A part of me is twirling with delight.
I'm spinning with joy and excitement.
Who needs pot?

But another part of me is freaked.
FREAKED.

I've never gone by myself to a country where I knew NO ONE.

I don't know anything about the culture.
I don't know anything about the language.

I don't know how to get around. Or whom to talk to if I'm feeling homesick.
And I sure can't go home, not till at least 6 months later.

OH GOD. HELP ME.

But I absolutely. 100%.
Refuse to let these fears stop me from pursuing my dream.

Do u wish me well...? :)

5 Comments:

~ LouiSe ~ said...

yeah i support, just don't go to M****. Yucks!

HAHA

erin wong said...

Hahahahahah...! Yes, m'am!

walt said...

well, experiencing new adventure in a foreign land is never a bad thing. congrats and have fun! :)

Coleen said...

wish u well!=)

erin wong said...

Its scary! But thank u both very very much. =)