Sunday, June 28, 2009

Going Bald

I did my first Brazilian yesterday morning.

I had always wanted to do it, but have always been too scared, just thinking of the pain.

Then I went around asking all my friends who had done it before, and all of them said it wasn't so bad, and all of them went back to doing it again and again.

So I decided to give it a try, since I like being 'clean' and felt that going bald was the easiest way to do that.


These are the different waxing styles

Louise, Chris and I went to the doctor's first early in the morning to do some V swabbing (pap smear lar) and blood sucking (blood tests).

Then they teman-ed me to Madeline by Glitters at One Utama get my V ripped at and possible blood shed too.

On the way there, I begged and begged for either of them to take a video of me getting my pubes cleaned.

Louise: Don wan.
Me: Y not???
Louise: Y wud u wan me to take a video of you getting a Brazilian??
Me: Its for my blog mah...
Me
: And I'm not asking u to take a vid of my pubes! Just my face lar!
Louise: Still don wan.

Me: Ah! How bout u Chris?? U've seen me naked before!
Chris: Don wan.
Me: Y not???
Chris: Its damn painful k.
Me: I'm not asking u to do the Brazilian! I'm asking u to take a vid of me doing the Brazilian!
Chris: Still don wan.

Sigh.
The things I do for you blog readers.

In the end, Chris grudgingly agreed to record the process.

I was the one who regretted it.
Well. Almost.
Haha.

Not because my reactions were so unladylike.
(Yes I know they were.)

But because I was so ugly in the vid k!!!!
Sniff!

I had no makeup on at all. And most of the shots were so unflattering.
My skin was blotchy and red and became all sweaty and blotchier with all the screaming!!
(Almost like giving birth liddat.)

And my dialogue was so boring and repetitive.
"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"
"Paiiiinnnnnffffuuuuuuuuullllllll."
"Damn painful damn painful!"
"Omgomgomgomg."

After rewatching the vids, I can't even remember that I said most of what I said in the vid, cos I was so delirious with pain.


The pots of wax. Soft wax (left) is for the less sensitive areas; hard wax (right) if for sensitive areas.)
But I think they shud jz use hard wax cos the whole area is sensitive lor!!!


Anyway. Enuff chitchat.

Here's the vid!!



Halfway through I actually told the beautician to do a landing strip instead cos I didn't think I cud take the pain anymore.
She ignored me and still did the Full Monty for me anyway.

Chris was also like, "I'm SURE she's not the only customer who screamed like this right??"
To which she replied, "Ya. First one."

Hmph. I don't believe lor.

So what's the conclusion?

Madeline by Glitters is a good place to get a Brazilian.
But other than the crazy, hair-tearing pain.
I don't like going bald.
At all.

Maybe I'm not used to it.
But I feel I really look damn weird. And ugly. And totally not sexy at all.

I really don't know if I'll get it done again. The pain seems to be a far off memory away by now.
But there still goes my plan to getting it done every other month.
And doing a review on bikini waxing places.

But if it's for you, please try getting it done at Madeline by Glitters.


Do it if u have Cecilia Chung lookalike pubehairs!

It cost RM90, everything in, including an aloe vera cooling gel.
And the beautician was really good lar actually. ^^

And to convince u I don't look like how I look in the vid normally.
Here's another iluvme shot.


But of cosh I dun look liddis in real life too lar. Haha!

Good luck for those of you who decided to give waxing a shot.
*shudder*

24 Comments:

alyshä said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE U TOOK A VIDEO AND POSTED IT ON UR BLOG BAHAHAHAH *Jody Siong likes this*

thanks for enlightening us!! i think i'll stick to d.i.y. defuzzing hahaha

Huai Bin said...

Thanks for posting it up! :)

I watched it during lunch hour and a coworker peeked over and she watched it too. Haha!

Now I wanna go for a Brazilian wax...just to see if it's as painful as you say it is. ;)

erin wong said...

JD - No xxx pics mahhhh!! ^^

HB - Eh... I think ur tolerance for pain damn high lor. U sure come back and say not painful wan. Then I really dunno where to put my face.

Laurence said...

Congratulations on your video. I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing your pain.

jade said...

u crazie woman =) hahahaha

-jade-

erin wong said...

LW - Thanks for sharing ur appreciation then! Hahahahaha!

Jade - Its called sharing. Sharing is caring! ^^

HENY said...

hv they got strips in KL?
I usually go to strips to get it done=D
It's not that bad after the first attempt! Second one must be less painfull =D

Andi said...

well, well. the most interesting blog i have read so far..ever! and a video at that! i agree with one of the comments..C-R-A-Z-Y woman. hahaha. Me likey.

andychin said...

I dont' know... er...
Is not my first time visiting your blog but I certainly not here always cause is all girlie stuff mah.

I don't know why I click link from FB! Is damn painful you know, holding my laughter in the office! I can't believe you vid this!@(*#@(*&($

erin wong said...

Heny - My fren told me Strips' price cheating one! Its RM89, but they will ask u to add on stuff that will come up to more than 100. Not really worth it. This place is RM90 all in!

Andi - Its really interesting or the topic suits u??? Hahahahah!

AndyC - Y not? U capture still shots. I capture moving moments! Albeit painful moments. Haha...!

Jill said...

I did other types of waxing at STRIP before (Bangsar!), no hidden cost leh? Maybe for the south region needs more stuff that I'm unaware of?

The MUA is DA WOMANNN - not so much for the job done, but the vid bit!

sharontan said...

oh my GWAD!!! it is sooo scarily painful frm the vid!! u r the WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 *salute*

psttt....AndyC laughed without looking at the video, only by just hearing u screaming while i watched!

Mingming said...

OMG..ERIN!! u are far too cute...
I'm not too sure bout the wax now..but my bestie told me it doesnt hurt as well..and she does it quite often as well..
sigh..
LIEs. haha

erin wong said...

Jill - Hmmm... I'll give it a try for bikini waxing next time. Once I dare to again lar...

Sharon - I think its cos he watched it ady and knows wats happening! Hahah!

Doris - Proves my point. There are ppl who are meant to do it, and ppl who aren't. Like ME!!

krizZz said...

Chris: she slap you pet pet!!
OMG! I got chocked after hearing that!

erin wong said...

Hhahahahhah! That's Chris for u...

Careen Tan said...

omg i admire your courage for posting the video up! gives me a clearer pic of how the experience is like :P

~ LouiSe ~ said...

Madeline's good!

And Erin? It's not THAT painful. HAHA

Gay Husband Kok said...

I wonder how u'd look like if you did the TEARDROP...

I'm ready for HOLLYWOOD~!

Anonymous said...

ERIN..!!! u r damn superb..a vid on 'that' ?? hahahha...

-mas-

Bel said...

LOL, how can you laugh like that lar. :p


Actually I tried Glitters and also Strip, and I can tell you Strip is TONNES better, and a lot more hygienic. The people at Strip were also a lot more professional, efficient and quick (which lessened the pain).

They offered options for different (more exp) waxes, but I said no, and just stuck with the regular wax.

Walau, you sound like you are giving birth. Sorry couldnt help it :P :P

erin wong said...

Yes I know (bout the birthing pains thing and Strip). =D

I tried Strip recently and its really a WHOLE lot better. The pain is bearable! No more Madeline's for me.

jessica said...

hey! was just wondering, is it hard to take care after you've had your brazzy wax? i heard most girls get red pimples and stuff. did it happen to you? i'll be getting one soon too! and.. OMG, CONGRATULATIONS on taking on a brazzy wax! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!