15 Malaysia kick-started off 3 months ago.
(If you have not heard of 15Malaysia or MAFU, you're not Malaysian!!)
I remember clearly because the day that the project started, was also the last time I met up with Walter.
Walter was hired by MAFU/ Pete Teo to handle the web design of 15 Malaysia. In 4 languages.
He disappeared for 3 months, buried under the workload. The next time I met up with him again was at the 15 Malaysia Press Con. Haha!
Walter with his eyebags.
We watched all 15 of the films, along with the making of Chocolate. With the exception of Rojak, which had yet to complete production at the time of the press launch.
Unlike Here In My Home, MAFU's first initiative, this project is much larger and requires financial backing. So Pete approached P1 for sponsorship help.
His criteria was simple. No meddling with the creative works of the directors.
I really have to say a big bravo to P1 for daring to take on the initiative. Many conglomerates may be afraid of the political backlash. But I believe it truly sets them apart.
My favorite Baki Zainal was there as the MC of the evening.
Haha bad shot. Soli B.
Pete gave a speech on 15 Malaysia, dedicating this project to the wonderful Yasmin Ahmad. You could feel the atmosphere immediately turn solemn and respectful. Baki took the stage after Pete with a thick voice and brought us into a moment of silence to remember her.
I think the only other celeb that made it was Sarah Lian, strangely... I wonder what happened to all the others who starred in the films?
Some of the films were entertaining. Some just plain... weird... Maybe my mind isn't creative enough to grasp the meaning behind the film.
My favorite has got to be Healthy Paranoia and Meter. Of cos, the fact that Baki stars in those two has nothing to do with it. XD
Baki da fu-ni man
But really. Watch all and you'll know what I mean. Of course Potong Saga was extremely funny as well. And Halal was entertaining. Especially with Sarah Lian and her *cough* assets.
Sarah, Reta from Envy mag, me
Actually I was joking with Suraya, Sarah's manager, that Sarah must be tired of seeing my face. That weekend, we met each other almost everyday at various events!
Gorgeous Su.
And then there was Alan. Baki's manager.
WHOM I FOUND OUT HAD SABO-ED ME.
See his big grin? He had just happily told me how he and Baki had sabo-ed me. -_-
I can't get over it I tell you. I would give you the deets, but he still insists on keeping shush about it.
AND BECOS I IZ NICE GIRL I WILL STILL DO IT MISTERALANTHOO. *grumble*
And lastly, the man of the hour, Pete Teo.
Pete with his cute cupcake.
I had asked Walter if Pete had shared anything with him about MAFU's next plans.
Walter said "He just said sleep wor."
I LOL-ed and just thought it just meant W never bugged him about it. So I asked Pete.
Pete: "SLEEEEPPPPPPPP!"
Haha!
Michael Lai, CEO of P1, Pete, Idham Nawawi, COO of P1.
Excellent event. Excellent initiative. I just wished more of the cast and crew had showed up.
To a One Malaysia, everyone. ;)
Note: This is my personal observation of the 15 Malaysia press con event. Formal writeup is posted on VenusBuzz.com









0 Comments:
Post a Comment