Saturday, August 1, 2009

Malaysian Hair Trend 2009

Since we're on a hair roll.

I figured I might as well quickly update y'all on what I think are the current in-hair-styles for Malaysia this year.

Yes, this is based on research. But also on my understanding of the Malaysian culture, practicality, and personal observation.

For the women, other than the standard long straights and romantic curls, blunt and chunky cuts are in.



Layers are fine. Necessary for some. But its the ones with the edgy blunt cuts that stand out more, that's all I'm saying.



As for hair colour, blonde is back baby.
Ash and platinum blonde, that is.




And if you want to be REALLY fashion forward, here's the upcoming hair trend for chicks.

Short. Short. SHORT. Pixie cuts.



Only for the bold and the beautiful I say.

As for the men, old is in.
Styles that were cool in during our daddys' times are back.

Take a page from Chucky/ Eddy boy here.



And funk it up on your days out.




They call it the sports hair cut.
I think its cos its easier to do sports with your hair outta the way.

And we thought hair partings would never come back in style...

And then we have the Man Bangs.





They call it the rocker look on the bad boys.
I think this style's here to stay for a few years.

But even after all that.
Hair is a very personal thing.
Don't do the cut for the sake of being in if it makes your face balloon up or neigh like a horse.
But don't be afraid to experiment too!

Our hair grows out. If you're afraid to experiment with something that can be grown back, what can you experiment with? ;)

So go get those blonde highlights like... NOW!

P/S: Click on pictures to view source.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I over polite post. Particularly the designation attracted me to read the whole story.

erin wong said...

Oh really? So u prefer reading rude posts? Well howsabout this.

DON'T COME BACK TILL YOU CAN WRITE PROPER ENGLISH.

Haha.
Just kidding.
All are welcome back. Even nonsensical ones like u. ^^

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

erin wong said...

Glad I helped!