I've come to realise that there are three groups of people in this world.
People who have tattoos.
People who want a tattoo but haven't gotten one.
People who don't want a tattoo.
And sometimes there's a fourth category. People who don't want a tatt but somehow accidentallyduringadrunkensprawl woke up and found themselves with one.
But lets not go there.
And more and more people around me are falling into category #2, if they aren't already in #1.
I recently did my first tatt.
It took me 13 years to gather up the courage to do it.
Mainly cos I didn't know what was involved. And people in category #1 all have the same vague response.
"Not that painful lar."
"Painful. But worth it."
"Get it get it get it now!"
"Its addictive."
Now that I'm part of category #1, I know why.
But I sympathise with the rest of you lot.
So. I did a vid.
My true, honest-to-goodness reaction while doing the tatt. And shots of the inking tools/ method involved.
So you can better decide and prepare yourself on your decision to get a tatt or not. ;)
Enjoy! Hope you find it useful.
I did my tatt at Two Thumbs @ Times Square.
My tatt cost RM300. But they do free touch up. And use the best machines and the quality ink in the market.
Kim the tatt artist asked me what the heart stood for.
Kim: Is it supposed to be ur heart?
Me: Hmmm... No...
Me: I think the world needs more love.
Me: So I put it here to remind me to always give out love.
Me: Even when I don't feel like it.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Inking my Blue Heart Tatt
Posted by erin wong at 9:12 PM
Labels: about her, places that make me pretty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 Comments:
I like the song. What's the title?
wah...i feel your pain...nevertheless great video...haha.
L - "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall! I LOVE IT TOOO!!!! It was the intro song of "Devil Wears Prada".
N - I guess no chance of you doing it then? =)
"ask me again why im doing this?"
hahhaHAhaAHahahahahha!!!
i ask the same question every single time!!! hahahHAhahAha!
nevertheless, u braved the storm!!!!
YALAR!!! Its a vicious cycle.
Panic just before the needle hits.
Pain throughout the whole process.
But HUGE sense of accomplishment and happiness when its over.
Then you think back "Aiya, actually the pain wasn't SO bad lar". Haahahah!
oh yes Devils Wear Prada Opening Song!
Nice tattoo!
Btw, any particular reason why you put it on your hand?
Getting a tattoo on my back that writes "KEIRA" also not bad right?
hahahaha! i wan a red one. hahahahahah erin erinnn....
wah i can't imagine myself goin thru the same agonizing pain =/
JJ - Cos I wan to remind myself to always give out love. =) When I hold out my hand, I see the heart first.
As for the Keira tatt... Errr...
Wynn - Red one is cool too!! I just tot for my design red wud be too cheesy. =D
Marc - If u like it enough, u will one day! Haha!
Post a Comment