Monday, April 6, 2009

Choppity Chop @ Monsoon ID

Newest update: Abby has started his own saloon named Celeb Trendz based at Solaris Dutamas. You can reach him at +60166859222. 


----------------------------------------------------------------


My hair is outgrown and the colour has run off and my roots are an inch and a half long.

Read ugly.

I finally had the time to run to Monsoon ID, One Utama, to my usual hairstylist for a cut and dye.


Mr Abby Wong has magik fingers. The MUA's hair is naturally wavy, coarse, and
très difficile to manage.

I suffered from salonphobia growing up as I could never walk into a saloon and come out looking good.

He's also responsible for my ultra chic short haircut.


Before this, I had loads of itchy fingered hairstylists who insisted that they should cut my hair short.

I gave in once every 5 years.
I regretted it once every 5 years, and would spend the remaining years growing my hair long again.

Till last year. I went in for my usual haircut.

Ab: So what style you wanna cut.
Me: Anything lar. So long nice can already.
Ab: Then short lo.
Me: HAH?? Cannot!! I don't look good in short hair one!!
Ab: Sez who.
Me: Sez everyone! I never look good in short hair! Everytime a hairstylist wants to cut my hair short, I end up regretting it and spend the next few years growing it long again.

Ab: That was before you met me mah.
Me: 0_o"

Ab: I am the son of a god, you dunno meh.
Me: =_="

Anyhoo, as I was still making up my mind, going between "Ok lar" and "Eeee...!" and "What if I look ugly??"...

AbBoy nonchalantly snipped off a chunk after one of my "Okok, fine" statements, then said "Ok, too late to change mind dy."

-_-

But as usual.
AbBoy can do no wrong.
And I loooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee me shorrrtttt haiiirrrrrr!!

^^

So dis is AbBoy's latest design on my moppet.



Happy AbBoy and MU
A

Nice non?
(Say nice even if your uncreative mind thinks so. Bleh.)

I swear by 'im.
I've recommended him to tons and tons of people, and I haven't of a complaint yet.

He's not one of those NATO people. In fact, if he doesn't know you. He's really quiet.
The first year I went there, he
hardly spoke 10 sentences to me. When he did, he would sometimes blush. Haha!

He never pressurizes you to buy products or additional hair services, or do stuff you don't need to do. Two months ago I wanted to re-dye my hair, he went "No need lah! You just need to comb it the right way lar."

AND, his services are pretty affordable! Director level k!
Usual price is RM50 for cut, wash and blow.
And he good blower. Ahem.



Abby hard at work

His only weakpoint I would say... would be AUNTY hair.

He's based in Monsoon ID at One Utama, so give him a ring-a-ling to book your appointment.
03-7726 0919
They have a current promo where all ala-carte services are at 49% off.
My haircut, wash, blow, colour and highlight were only RM130 total!

Mention Erin, and he may treat you a lil nicer. *wink*

Say hi to gorgeous hair!

13 Comments:

Gillian said...

SO NICEEEEEEE!!!!! I so know what you said about salonphobic. I used to have frizzy hair (Not way, mind you!)in my teenage yrs. Always wanted short chic hair but couldn't. Always tried, always regretted.

Your stylist is gooood and so darn affordable!!!!!!!! I Love your new chic hair!

jessica/thhh said...

HI shortie!! :D its so Gorgeous!

erin wong said...

Jill:
YOU??? Frizzy hair??? 0_o I find that super hard to believe!!

Too bad u in Dubai...! Or I'd hook u up. ;)

the:
Thank u! =D

Pam Song said...

Wow wow. Look who's lookin all fine and dandy these days. Haha.

Gillian said...

Ya, darn disgusting. I had a rep for it in lower sec. Ugh.

erin wong said...

pamwam:
Not as dandy as u babe. *wink*

Jill:
But it looks SO GOOD NOW!!!! All soft and floaty!!

I had a rep too. All my classmates who sat behind me would always say "Ur hair is so 'cho' man!!"

Pam Song said...

Awww! =p Look, now you made me blush. HAHA.

erin wong said...

*quickly take hamsap opp and hugs da pretty pam*

Amanda said...

urgh! abby gave me nice hair too 2 yrs ago at seri hartamas. then i dunno where he went. thx for ur post. i called one utama and he has resigned!! do u know where he is now? my hair is like lalang

erin wong said...

Hey Amanda, he owns his own saloon now at Solaris Dutamas named Celeb Trendz. You can give him a call at +60166859222. :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, great ))