Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Brand

With so many freelance makeup artists in the market, I didn't see the need for another to be mentioned in another wedding forum discussion.

Yes, the bridal market may be the most lucrative, but my love for art screams against the mundaneness of doing bridal makeup alone for a living.

I love colour. Creativity. Art.


I believe makeup should be affordable.
I believe makeup should be made available to everyone.
I believe makeup knowledge should be shared with everyone.

And most importantly, I want people to see makeup as a positive catalyst. A creative outlet, a method of bonding, a tool to build confidence.

So here, I do not brand myself as just a freelance makeup artist.

I offer my services as a trainer/ speaker, grooming instructer, personal grooming consultant, runway makeup artist, stage/ film makeup artist, concert makeup artist, everyday makeup artist, and in addition, bridal makeup artist.

I talk to my models about their skin, their beauty line, their makeup products.
I teach them how to curl their lashes, what products to buy.
I stand in front of a classroom and don't stick with the instruction book and give bare minimal knowledge, but share tips that I hope would help them.

I speak the truth if the combination doesn't work. But I also stick around to help you make it work better.

Its all about improving ourselves. And when I share more, I believe I learn more.

I'm out to change people's perception on makeup and creativity. Starting with "i call it art".


Erin, The Idealist MUA - believing in change


3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one erin! update more! :D

alyshä said...

u always were the best :)

i love love love ur skincare posts on multiply!!

erin wong said...

Ah Fu - When's it ur turn????

JD - Cos of frens like u who beliv in me. =)