Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My pink Eeexooos

The banana MUA who speaks limited canton walked into a camera shop in LowYat today and asked to see the Canon Ixus.

Attempts to speak in English was met with a blank stare. Mandarin wasn't any much better. So the guy decided to take matters into his own hands and start speaking to me in cantonese.

I burbled and gurgled the best I could. Luckily I already knew what colour and model I wanted.

But when the time came to bargain the price, I reached into the far recesses of my brain for enough canton words to do the bargainning.

After 30 more seconds of pretending to look through the functions of the camera, I gave up and just told him I'd take it.

The dude was so ecstatic to having succesfully get a full price deal, he was extra nice to me when I asked in my broken canton if there was any other colour for the camera casing, and immediately offered the rare pink one the shop ppl hid at the back of the shop.

Oh well. At least one item off my wish list.




Off to take some piccies!

0 Comments: