Sunday, February 8, 2009

FAQ

Q: What is dis blog about exactly?
A: Edited 13/10/09 7:10pm 

When I first started this blog it was with the intention to just provide a website to show my makeup works. 


Until I realized. 

My passion isn't makeup. Its people. 

I write to educate. To show aspects of the fashion/ beauty/ media/ entertainment world that the layman Malaysian wouldn't usually be exposed to. 





Q: Do you really work as a Writer/ MUA/ Trainer/ Event Mgmt contact/ Talent Manager or are these just glam titles?
A: Unfortunately/ fortunately yes I do. But all on a part time basis. I need to start a 'support Erin' fund so I can work on all these things full time instead.



Q: So what do you do full time?
A: I don't particularly want to share this unless you're actually a friend of mine. But lets just say it links to the Fashion/ Beauty industry. But really. Its not one of those "glam" jobs you'd think. My part time jobs are what feed my happiness.


Q: Why "i call it art"?
A: I always envied artistic people. My practical left brain always fought against my creative right brain and somehow made me screwed up so that I'm only so good at maths, and also massively lacking in the creative department.

Then I found out I could do makeup, and used this to feed my starving creative side. So I call it art.

Q: Then why 'youcallitmakeup.blogspot.com'?
A. Duh.

Q: Do you work solo as a MUA?
A: Yes and no. This blog/ brand was created by me. But should there be a job that requires more MUAs/ hairstylists, I do have a team of people I can resource.

Q: How much do you charge for your makeup/ training services?
A: It depends on the distance I need to travel, your skin type (extra sensitive skin requires extra expensive stuff), the type of makeup you want done, the number of people done in one shot, the amount of time required etc. But a general guideline would be RM50 per face for normal makeup, RM150 for bridal/ stage, RM100 - RM200 for a short training session.

Q: Are you available 24/7?
A: Makeup is a side job. Since my branding is on affordable services, the only time I can take out for you is during my weekends/ public holidays. Lets be real. I'm not doing this for money. If I were, I'd focus only on bridal makeup and charge RM600 per day like the rest of the MUAs out there.

Q: How many years experience do you have as a MUA?
A: It depends on what you consider as experience. I've been dabbling with makeup since I was a teen. Read this to know it all began. But I stopped when I left high school and only restarted again three years ago after winning a competition.

Q: Do you have a makeup cert?
A: No. I make this clear to all my clients. I understand that paper qualifications is important to some people, and I don't want anyone to feel like they were conned to pay for 'unqualified' services. 


I am though, trained as a trainer. 

Q: So why don't you just go learn?
A: I don't want to seem like I have a big head. But so far I have found no makeup schools in Malaysia that seem worth attending. Maybe in the future (when someone donates me enuff money), I'll fly to Japan/ USA to learn.

Q: So where DO you learn your makeup from?
A: Anywhere and everywhere.

I watch TV. I google online. I read books. I read beauty blogs. I watch professional MUAs at work and ask questions. I keep in contact with people in the Malaysian makeup industry.

I try out everything I learn, and I do makeup for others on a weekly basis to keep my skills finetuned.

Its all about practicing and knowing what works through experience.

Q: How can I make a booking/ enquiry?
A: Email me at erinwwc[at]gmail[dot]com.

Q: How do you look like?
A: If you're not my friend/ client, you don't need to know.

Edited 17 June 2009 4:03pm
See my profile pic.

Q: Why don't you post pictures of yourself?
A: Cos I'm not delusional to think I'm pretty enough to be gathering more blog hits by posting pictures of me me and me.

Edited 17 June 2009 4:03pm
I caved in to my vain self. Pics of me are now everywhere.

Q: Nice logo.
A: Thanks. Courtesy of my gorgeous friend, pamsong, who slaved away till 5am just to finish it, and made me fall on the ground and weep with gratitude.


4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You dun even dare to show ur real face. zzz talk about opening CLOSED minds. HA.

erin wong said...

Oh. You mean to satisfy the innate needs of pervs who can't get a life and make up for it by wanking off to pictures of female bloggers? ^^

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! Pervs that don't even have the balls to comment with a name!!!

Unknown said...

hey gal the coming bobbi brown warehouse sales at renaissance hotel require us to present our ticket during d time v enter?how could i get the ticket?