One of the hardest things about being an MUA is not knowing what looks good on the customer, but convincing the client that it will look good.
Since I started doing makeup for other people three years ago till now, I think I heard them all.
"I want BLUE eyeshadow!"
"Can you put fairer foundation to make me look fairer plssssss."
"I'll look auntie!!"
"Pink. I only do pink."
"My eyelashes are too long."
"My eyes are too big."
"I'll look like a cartoon."
"This is my first time. Go easy on me."
"Use the other mascara on me. The waterproof one if hard to wash off."
"You mean I need to use makeup remover?"
I've learnt to listen 'smart'. ie. Be confident, do the best I can, and show the client the end result first.
More often than not, once they see the end result, they is happy people.
=D
Cliche of the day: Believe in yourself!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Trust in those hands
Posted by erin wong at 2:38 PM
Labels: ups n downs of life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment