Sunday, October 25, 2009

Emerge Harajuku-ness and Xpax Blackberry Party

So Emerge is around the corner, with the finale in November. Hundreds of competitions, but the one dear to my heart is, as always, the Fashion Competition. 

This year I was asked to be a judge for the semi-finals, together with Wei Tieng, Designer Extraordinaire, and Amirul, writer for Tell Magazine. 




To be honest, I'm really quite impressed with this years' participants. Not one of them came unprepared. Not one of them bugged me with inconsequential questions. 


They were all professional, efficient, and methodological. And the results were pretty impressive!






















Judged on makeup, hairstyling, fashion, and overall image. 

Guess which teams got into the finals? ;) 



Coincidentally, it was held as the same day as Xpax's Blackberry party. So off we went for some Blackberry loving. 




Shawn so happened to be performing that night, so I went as both media and his manager. Haha... 




Due to the large open air compound, the atmosphere wasn't as electric as the ACA BSC Launch, but he was awesome nonetheless. 



Pity about the attendance though. Xpax only gave out invites to those who pre-register for a BB. I think they should've opened it to the public, or partnered with a magazine. 
A large crowd, after all, does give a better atmosphere. 


Instead, the crowd was quite patheticly small, with the majority of the attendees... 
Bloggers. From Nuffnang. 

I kid you not. 


And they were all given VVIP invites summore........ 

Some of the performances were actually quite good! Joe Flizzow seriously reminded me of Jay Z. I only found out later that he IS known as the Malaysian Jay Z. Haha! 


Yo. Flizzow. Ho.



 The artists with the Xpax team.


One half of Lapsap DJ-ed for us. Awesome awesome techno music. 

Arabyrd was so weird looking. I thought she was a he-she at first. 
Until she started dancing. 
And she suddenly became. Oh. So. Delectable. Really!




Arabyrd's the one on the right sitting! No better shot, sorry. =(


Other pics of the night..




My interview with the senior mkt guys of Xpax. 




Me with Malwinder, the lovely PR of Xpax. 



With Sam, one of the rare Nuffie blogger I actually like. XD






Light painting: "WTF SHAWN LEE!"




Amirul, Julia, Shawn.
 



Small crowd = Big dance floor = Breakdancers doing their thang


 With Thomas and April.

Hmmm... Thomas is a Nuffie blogger too.
Dammit their invading my space!!! HOW HOW HOW. XD


One last light painting shot by Ray. 

Alright, that's it. I'm tired of reading my own words, and I'm sure you are too.
Bai.

Credits of photos: Raynor Chuah
raynor_chuah[at]msn[dot]com

Official Xpax writeup on venusbuzz
http://venusbuzz.com/love-life/2157-black-you-dont-go-back

0 Comments: