I was in Form 5 when I first noticed I had stretch marks.
Blame it on the fact that I was a tomboy who didn't pull my skirt properly before I sat down onto the plastic chairs.
Tomboy who can't sit still. In a skirt. Skin being pulled left right and center on a plastic chair.
Nuff said.
The moment I realised what was happening I gasped in horror and began wearing tights under my pinafore skirt.
Regardless, it was too late.
As I grew older and read how moisturising prevents stretch marks, I began moisturising my thighs and buttocks in hopes that the appearance of the marks would diminish.
Fat chance.
I began moisturising my entire body as part of my daily body care ritual, and sure enough, no more stretch marks appeared, but I gave up hope on ever being able to getting rid of them.
Till I one day chanced upon this video by this lady called Tonya TKO.
Now I'll tell you quite honestly... don't bother watching it unless you have loads of time, cos as my sister puts it, "she's not particularly enthralling to watch ya know?". And its more than 30 minutes long wei!
But she is sweet as pie to share the secret she discovered, and I quickly placed an order for her shea butter (her tkoskin website) that she claims to be able to diminish the appearance of her stretch marks.
It arrived in the mail a month later (I took slow mail and order processing took a couple of weeks for her too) with no hitch.
Silly me. I was so excited to use it I didn't take a before and after pic. So you gotta just believe me when I say it worked INSANTANEOUSLY. I just can't take a before pic anymore cos it just doesn't look the same.
Then again, due to my years of vigilant moisturising, I do have skin that's better than most and heals faster than most (I am NOT boasting la its jz stating a fact!).
Proof: You remember my blue heart tattoo? My friends who have done tatts all took one month to heal. It took me less than one week. And in between, I forgot and ate seafood and contracted rashes and it STILL healed in less than week.
But you can read the testimonials on her website and see the comments of loads of other people of different ethnicities and skin type. Practically everyone claimed almost positive results! Just some skin takes longer than others to heal.
I tried searching for shea butter locally, to see if you can have another option w/o mail ordering, and could only find one at L'Occitane. And its RM150!!! *choke* The price of Tonya's is RM130+ after conversion plus shipping. Plus, it looks so 'clean' and processed, I really dun like, but some ppl claim it works ok la.
Tonya's shea butter is very raw and rough in texture (not rough on ur skin la!). Very organic and awesome.
But but but... Shea butter alone, I feel, is only for normal stretch marks. If you have like, massive scars of stretch marks (like some women after giving birth), you can try this method of hers.
This one. You should watch.
Mixing olive oil and her shea butter.
Olive oil is used for ALL sorts of beauty purposes, as I've blogged about before. But the one thing I totally didn't think about it for diminishing stretch marks!
As you can see from the vid, you can see vague remnants of her old stretch marks still there. Plus, she has dark skin. Stretch marks are totally unforgiving on skin tones like that! Totally amazing how her skin has healed from using this mixture.
So you see. We don't need to live and accept our stretch marks no more!
Is this a day to jump for joy or wad. XD
Thank me now.
And kill those evil stretchies today.
Warning: The shea butter is extremely thick in texture so you may feel quite uncomfortable when you first use it cos its really very thick, sticky and moisturising. But trust me you'll be fine with the texture once you see the insantaneous effects. Bwahaha.





16 Comments:
Great find, girl! :)
Sth for the mommies too. ^^
Does this really works? Cause im 9 month pregnant now and i have massive stretch marks all over my thighs, belly and calf. Been using this Palmer's Cocoa butter but didn't seem to work. *sigh*
ive placed my order. $74.70! exp than urs but i jus have to order NOW! LOL*
I want also! But b4 that can i dig some of yours and try 1st? If tak jadi on MANLY SKIN like mine... then i dun think i wanna spend... u know how poor i am now kan... but poor also hv to look good germa.
I see some light/hope! I got stretch marks after my 1st child, and she is 7yo now, imagine!! :P
May I know were you using the Shea Butter with added olive oil? I am thinking of getting one ;)
sounds good, I tried cocoa butter and didn't work. If this one works I am willing to try it
Does it make you feel like you're being clingwrapped? Some shea butter does that to me :P still I'm intrigued...
def worth trying!!! will see where i can get shea butter from! seems easy enuf!
Sorry for late reply guys! I'm in Sarawak with very limited internet access.
Due to our weather, I guess most businessmen don't see the need to bring in something as strong as shea butter. So Cocoa Butter is probably the most common strong moisturiser.
If you watch the vid, Tonya also said Cocoa Butter isn't strong enough to hold onto the skin.
I use only shea butter (w/o Olive Oil) and it works already for me.
For those that really really don't want to try mailing orders, get the shea butter from L'Occitane, or just try using Olive Oil. Maybe that will be good enough for your skin?
Oh, and don't forget to loofah!
Paris - Yes, it does feel like there's a layer of sth on your skin. Its REALLY strong. But I guess that's why its the only thing that works! Haha..
+Ah, I had a small tube of shea butter, but I nvr use it, nvr knew it cud be use on stretch marks, thg is, I juz dun like the smell, lol, ok, but now I noe wot 2 get when I wanna get rid of the stretch marks, contrary 2 popular blv, ppl dun get stretch marks bcoz they're fat. It's kinda genetic 2, my mum n sis has it. So yea, n wow, cool, wud luv 2 get a tattoo sumday 2.^^
What's 'genetic' is the dry skin! Stretch marks are caused by lack of skin elasticity.
Yes, shea butter smell is quite funky. But once you get used to it its fine. =)
vaneeda, i heard that it works well on stretch marks. but have you seen the add lately at palmerssettlement.com ? you should visit that site and read the ad. they were sued by women coz they had an allergic reaction on the product. I'm just concern for you and your baby.
Hey Darlin!
Im just now finding this post. Arent you sweet.
Write back. I would love to talk to you, and do something special for this wonderful article.
How have your results been? Also, did you try the Body Butter Beautiful? That was the formula made to replace the olive oil mixture, it works faster, stronger and smells Better! I've heard it smells like Honey & an almond Joy :)
Love Ya!
-Tko
Post a Comment