Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fag Lover Union

I love my gay friends.

My gay husband especially.
I jokingly call myself Mrs Kok. If u know wadimean. ;)

But I suppose wats weird to many is dat I am also a Christian.
And not the go to church twice a year kind.

But I go to church every week. I'm in a cell group. And I'm leading a ministry in my church.

And I love love LOVE gays.

What I hate, in fact, are anti-homosexuals.

When I first became a Christian, I remember my church friends telling me with disgusted faces all about gays.

I shouldn't be too close to gays. Friends can. But from a distance.
You know. Just in case I get 'influenced'.

Being a new Christian at that time, I felt something was wrong.
But I was young. New to being a Christian. Blur to the ways of 'holiness'.
So I thought it was true.

And then one day, a close church friend of mine sat me down.
"I'm gay."

I spaced out for a few seconds.
"As in, I'm homo."

I said confusedly, "Meaning..."
"I'm not heterosexual."
"I like guys. Not girls."

I kept quiet for a couple of minutes.
Then asked the worst thing I could possibly ask.
"Well... do you think you could change?"

I won't tell you the rest of the conversation.
Just that it didn't get any better after that.

Till today, I hate myself for ever asking that question.
Till today, I think my friend will forever remember the hurtful way I responded to his open heart.

I told myself, from that day onwards, I would never be unaccepting of gays again.
No matter what the 'Christians' say.

Dun get me wrong.
Homosexuality is a sin. Its clear cut in the Bible.

But so what?
So is lying. Being lazy. Gossiping. Judging.

What makes us better than gays?

What gives us the right to shun them.
What gives us a right to kick them out from our society.
What gives us a right to treat them second class.

I love my gay husband.
He's humble.
He's loving.
Best of all, he's been a real friend.

Way better than many straight ones!

So I'm saying it here.
Loud and clear.

I'm a fag lover!!!
And I'm dang proud of it.
So say watcha wan. ^^

6 Comments:

Gay Husband Kok said...

I love you too~!

Laurence said...

My first response to finding out a friend was gay during a conversation with a another person and it came up was: "Wait (*looks at my friend*). You're gay?"

He then pointed out that another good friend is bi. Like its some competition.

The 2nd time I met a gay colleague, my first reaction when being told he was gay was: "So, are you the pitcher or the catcher?"

He was the catcher.

faggyfriction said...

when u said, "something for u i shd have told u long ago" ...

and i read this ...

what exactly did u mean? lol. tht lil part was about me? :P

or wassit simply, "hey, ho, hey u fag! i love yooooouuuuu!!" kinda thing that u shd have told me ..

erin wong said...

Exactly. To all dat.

Yes I do need y'all! I couldn't live w/o my male frens who get the complicated female race. *hug*

The world needs more love!

Anonymous said...

it makes me sad looking at all these gay threads.......

I want some hot men in my house.


GAY PARTY

add me in xfire
kasperdisaster

Anonymous said...

it makes me sad looking at all these gay threads.......

I want some hot men in my house.


GAY PARTY

add me in xfire
(kasperdiaster)