Spring/ Summer 09's debut may have come and gone, but here in Malaysia, there's really no such thing as Autumn/ Winter.
And I've recently fallen in love with one of the brightest colours of spring/ summer.
Yellow. ^^
Yellow was actually the hollywood it colour last year, but the colour failed to make an impact on our shores.
AJ looking 'pssssstttttt' as always.
I've never liked yellow.
Since young, when I wore anything yellow, from yellow tops to yellowlensblackframe nerd glasses (as was the trend then), many thought I looked pasty and sick.
Liddis.
The living ghost.
Basically, due to our yellow undertones (i think like... 99% of the world population has yellow undertones), wearing yellow can be tricky.
Cos the last thing we need is to look 'yellower'!
Everyone's skin tone is different, so you really just have to try on a few yellows to find the one that suits you.
General guidelines for women are:
Avoid neons and shiny satin materials this season.
Chiffon and cotton are good yellow cloth companions.
Go for a safe light sunshiny yellow for your first yellow outfit.
Darker skin tones look good with almost all ranges of yellow.
Redheads should wear yellows with red undertones (eg. honey).
If you're really fair, try using mixing yellow with other colours, and always use blusher!
Or if you're still terrified of looking like the uncooked version of the gingerbread man, but want to try the colour still, try using yellow accessories instead!
Or be the casual punk chick.
Don't go OTT by wearing a yellow dress, yellow shoes, yellow bags, and yellow accessories!!
Two to three yellow pieces per body should be the max.
Makeup rules for wearing yellow:
Brighten up your face if you're pale. Soft pink lips and cheeks with understated gold/ brown eyes work well.
Perky Brenda Song with flushed cheeks.
Yellow on tan skin is already extremely eye-catching, so tone down on the makeup and go golden natural with peaches instead.
Va va voom.
Tips for the men:
Wear yellow all the time if you're tan!
Yellow is a catchy colour. You'll get double the checkout time, I promise.
Avoid yellow at all costs if you're a pasty colour, and hurry up and get a tan!!
I'm loving yellow so much now, I'm thinking of spraying my car yellow next.
I WISH this was my real car.
Try yellow! Its different, eye-catching, and trend-setting.
Now where's my credit card...














7 Comments:
hmm..i dont have yellow yet..
i just bought a new pair of yellow shorts for gyM~!
The world needs more yellow!!!!!!!!!
still, yellow is disgusting.. prefer GOLD!!
i like yellow but hard to get a good yellow top/dress! mayb our skin tones hard to mix n match!
hee...have a yellow dress, wore it before and like it a lot too! makes one look bold and young :))
Ms Fu - Wait till u find that one yellow dress. Ur going to get hooked onto it. ;) Like wat hazel said, it makes one look bold n young!
Sharon - Exactly. That's y need to try different shades of yellow. If ur lazy to try all, put the cloth to ur face and see if u like how it makes u look.
Hazel - I wanna seeeeeeeeee!!
Post a Comment