So you must've heard by now. Yasmin Ahmad's passing.
Do u feel as sad as I do?
When MJ died I felt overwhelming, unreasonable sadness over the death of a popstar I was never particularly fond of.
But my tears are falling now not unreasonably over the death of a woman who dared to speak the truth of love. Pure simple unconditional love. To a country coloured with disgusting views and politics.
Yasmin made a difference no one else did.
And if you're like me and was ignorant enough to think she only made her views known with Sepet, check out these videos she did under LeoBurnett for Petronas to celebrate our 50th Independance Day .
And my favorite...
Sometimes I find it really hard to understand why God does the things He does.
RIP Yasmin.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Tribute to Yasmin Ahmad
Posted by erin wong at 1:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
It is very sad indeed to think that'll we never see another one those inspiring ads we grew up with.
Yes. Very...
I've ever saw her interview. She was a very kind women and full with wisdom. RIP Yasmin.
Here last few entries on her blog were about some grief over lost... and now... we greif over hers...
Nothing remains the same without Yasmin... Nothing.
Ketty - She was also a very temperamental woman! =) Demanded the best and wud throw a fit if u dun deliever. At least from wat I heard. =)
GH - We can only hope and pray another der'll be MORE who'll rise up and be like her!
Post a Comment