Sunday, July 5, 2009

Salt Mask Tutorial

I gave my first try to do a home vid of beauty tutorials.

Salt Mask Tutorial


Basically, salt is nature's way of speeding the process of healing.


When I was younger, my dad would ask us to run into the sea with our cuts and bruises.
Salt naturally destroys harmful bacteria.

So I tried putting salt onto a huge pimple one day. The pimple shrunk before my eyes!

The only drawback to that is, is that the salt only works on a pimple if the skin is broken, so the grainy texture can melt directly into the core of the pus.

Not very solution friendly for the big lumpy pimples that refuse to come out or go back in.

So I recommend salt more for skin calming purposes.

Whenever you go for facials, most times you may come home looking like someone set a pinching crab loose on your face.

Pocks of red all over?
Not pretty.

Salt helps to instantly calm the skin, so the redness dissipates almost immediately.

The lighting in the video is not too good, so the result is not so visible. But do try it for yourself so you know what I mean.

Plus salt is cheap. And practically every home has it.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------

Edited: 7/7/09 11:14pm

I forgot to mention that when you apply salt to a pimple, it will shrink but also turn into a small deep red dot.

What happens is that it skips the swelling process and goes directly to the healing process, thus causing a blood clot of sorts. Leave it alone, and it'll reside in a few days, leaving no scar.

4 Comments:

sharontan said...

will try n tell! thanks!

erin wong said...

^^

Anonymous said...

what kinda salt?? those bath salt u mean?

erin wong said...

Nope. Cooking salt. Best if its sea salt, the natural cooking salt.