Friday, July 24, 2009

Haagen Dazs Summer Soiree

Haagen Dazs attempted to launch their new limited edition summer flavour - Apricot and Cream.



Daniel Boey, a reknowned runway choreographer from Singapore, was flown here to recreate a fun yet chic runway show.

The ice-cream is delicious no doubt, but I say 'attempted' due to the failness of the event running.

And Haagen Dazs had hired an external PR company, no less!

X's company was a sponsor for the event, so we had VIP tickets.
But when we arrived... The PR company had let go of our seats to the public.

And all the goodPRdivas out there are gasping No at the same time.

There wasn't even a place for us to stand and watch the show properly.

I tip-toed as hard as I could and only managed to get these few pics.







Told u they were lousy.

But here's the thing.
I had specifically requested the PR company to email me their press pics so I can blog about this event for them.

And yes, I had planned on being nicer.

But its been a week.
Not even a "yes thank u got ur email get back to u soon" reply from them.

And all the goodPRdivas out there are gasping No again.

So yes. Lousy PR company.
Hence lousy pics.

X threw a fit at the PR team the entire night.

Stopping long enuff to take a diva pic wif mua.



Then continued ranting as I took one with JustinFuniman.



Justin creates music for advertisers. Cool, no? Very talented dude. Also a local model/ actor/ funnyman.
(Site will be back up in a couple of days.)

Also met longlostfwen Angela, who's now a subeditor with Harper's Bazaar.
And remet Paris B and Lai, from mywomen and mymen stuff dot com.
Was too bz calming X down so no pics wif 'em sori.

And X took a pic wif Daphne Iking, MC of the night and also another iamcoolerthanthoudiva.



All these divas I tell u.

Lucky she has a totally cute and adorable daughter to make up for it.



She smiled everytime I pointed the cam at her face. Super cute!!

And they asked me to leave a bit of me behind.



Anyone want any of these vouchers, btw?



X got vouchers of apology from them, so I don't really need the ice-cream voucher. And I don't really think RM50 is much when you're buying diamonds.
(As usual, email me if u wan. And mz be member of muh FB group.)

I hope you launch the next flavour better, HaagenD! I still love your ice-creams.

-------------------
Edit 4:36pm

Haagen Dazs voucher taken.

6 Comments:

~ LouiSe ~ said...

that was the flavour i had after your balding session!!! =D

erin wong said...

HAH ISIT?!??!?!

Launch my head lar liddat.

GayHusband said...

And I tot GayHusband should have the previlege to go with MUA.....

erin wong said...

GayHusband is too bz to teman me for anything!!

Paris B said...

*giggles* Next time ok? :D I laughed like crazy at your description of the PRdivas. But how can PR company be so bad? Unless they are only nice to traditional media? :P

erin wong said...

I knowwwwwwwwwww...! I can hardly beliv it myself too. And they're apparently quite well known!

In all honesty, we actually experienced much much worse, but I softened it here lor...

Gay Diva said: "Mebbe they think ur not important enuff to reply ur email. Hahaha!"

=_="