You know how the beauty industry decrees that there should be a whole huge range of products for dry skin, another shelf of products for combination skin, and another trolley for oily skin etc.?
Maybe there's some truth to that. But in the meantime, I've been trying out a theory for many years now, that in actual fact, HYDRATED skin is the solution to all skin problems.
I mean think about it.
Water inside. Clears toxins and plumps cells to make 'em healthy.
Water outside. To help plumping of cells.
Hydration = less oil production + no taut/ flaky skin + prevention of premature aging
Pimples are formed when oil and bacteria is trapped under the skin.
If your skin was hydrated, the oil glands wouldn't produce more oil than necessary. In addition, hydrated skin doesn't tighten and trap the oil and bacteria on the surface of your skin.
Does it make sense to you too?
So I've been testing this theory. Obviously my testing is on my own combination/ pimple forming skin.
For a couple of years now, instead of putting pimple drying products onto my inflamed skin, I've been slathering on hydrating products.
Light. Non-pore clogging. Hydrating products.
Then I noticed the pimples would soothe and heal themselves.
Healthy, hydrated cells promote skin's natural healing process!
But it doesn't mean you should start slapping products for dry skin onto your oily skin.
Dry skin products are thicker and are formulated for dry skin that have non-existent pores.
So here's the trick for us combination/ oily skin ppl.
Layering.
Using multiple layers of light, non-pore clogging products, instead of one super thick pore clogging product.
Use the usual cleansers/ toners/ moisturiser for combination/ oily skin.
But add in a hydrating serum that will pump in extra moisture boosts into your skin.
And these are the two I've been able to find so far, that works for all skin types.
Cos they're both super light and easy to absorb!
Melilea Oxy Intensive Cream
Now I know you may be thinking "Wad da heck is Melilea" and "Clara products suck!"
First of, Melilea is a skin care product from a direct selling health detox range. If you've heard of it, you're probably Sarawakian or West Malaysian Cina, cos that's the market that it has become popular with.
Now don't scoff or roll your eyes, cos I seriously swear by this product. It pumps oxygen and moisture into my skin and I wake up in the morning instantly looking brighter, with firmer skin, and less pigmentation/ scars. Awesome product!!
And it only costs RM47 per tube.
As for Clara, I totally agree. I've used several of their products, and almost all of them have been absolutely terrible.
Except for this one.
It instantly boosts in moisture to your skin. And it looks and feels just like water, so a little goes a long way. Amazing amazing instant hydration!
Priced at RM130 per bottle.
And lastly, if you want an added layer of moisture protection that continues to soak water into your skin...
You can use the Moisture Surge as an add on, but I find its not moisturesurging enough to use alone with your usual products. I love it cos its totally non-pore clogging while trapping moisture, and gives my skin a gorgeous dewy look.
Priced at RM160 per tub.
The same goes for all other skin types. Use these few products if you find your skin care isn't working for you. They give your skin that added boost it needs to quicken the healing process.
Just give it a shot, and you'll see what I mean.
Remember, the younger you start, the better you can prevent those lines from appearing! ;)





4 Comments:
wow!!! thanksss....will try melilea as i hav alot of pimples prob!!
Yes, try. =) Don't get conned into the direct selling thing though. Though my friends all tell me their entire range of skincare is really good.
Hi,i know the Melilia few years ago..i am from west malaysia but not malay..heh..i was their member but i never try their skin care..May be can try out 1 day..^^
Yes, their skin care is their hidden gem. They will usually promote their health drink first, which is not for everyone.
Post a Comment